Fire In The Trees

Fire In The Trees

Sunday, March 21, 2010

Birdman-Abstract Figure by Detroit Outsider Artist DMC

I live in Detroit, Michigan. In 1994 on Grandriver Ave. and Canfield, walking in an open field behind a small scrapyard, I uncovered & discovered in a few mounds of clay many slate shingle fragments that had been collected from some unfortunate (burnt out?) house in the area? and secretly dumped. I filled three milk crates with the treasure. Those slates turned out to be my next exhibit at the 2 South Gallery, Downtown Detroit in May of 1995. I have done hundreds of paintings from that batch and this piece "Bird with Red Shoes" came from the empty field. It is a slate that has gone through many changes over the years and is acrylic on slate. A piece of wood is glued to the back for hanging purposes and to project it a little off the wall. It is 9" x 6" and can be purchased for $50.00 plus S/H. Contact me at burwellarena@att.net if interested.

No comments:

Post a Comment