Fire In The Trees

Fire In The Trees

Sunday, March 21, 2010

This is another slate from the 1994 batch that changed many times over the years. It will not change anymore since I sold it in February 2010. Plus I think it is a good piece entitled "Life is for the Birds", acrylic on slate 13" x 8".

I began the "Birdman" series in 1991 when I ran the Space Gallery on Grandriver Ave., Downtown Detroit across from the old Hudsons building before it was torn down. It was painted in oil on a kitchen door and was sold out of the Zeitgeist Gallery in 1999.

The "Birdman" is an alter ego that I recently rebirthed and is daily emerging from the studio full grown and complete. The bird figure is a symbol of freedom to me and birds are appearing more and more in my paintings recently. Stay tooned.


No comments:

Post a Comment